At LKC, we have several different options to choose from to get started in karate. Below are our options and some frequently requested items of information. Call 402-483-5425 to get started on one of these options.
Trial offer: We have a structure of respect, diligence and courtesy built into Karate. We’ve created an environment that children and youth can learn, succeed and thrive in. The classes combine the fun and excitement of karate training with weekly lessons involving character development, physical development and self-defense training including anti-bullying and child predator awareness training. This trial program allows new students to experience a full 4 weeks of karate training for a period that provides an absolute assurance that LKC is indeed the place for your child! For only $99.00, your child can practice at the school for up to 3 times per week for a full 4 weeks! For 2 or more kids in the same family, we can get everyone involved in the same trial for only $189.00!
Attend 1 class/week option
3 month option
Beginner level classes
Jr. Tigers (4/5 years)
Monday and Wednesday: 4:15-4:45p
Tigers (6-8.5 years)
Tuesday and Thursday: 4:45-5:25p
Dragons (9-15 years)
Tuesday and Thursday: 5:30p-6:10p
New students are encouraged to attend at least twice per week but may attend all three classes
Advanced students have additional classes they will attend.
- Is there an initiation fee? No
- Is there a registration fee? No
- Is there a paperwork or handling fee? No
- Are there association/organization dues on an annual or some other basis? No
- Are there billing fees associated with monthly tuition charges? No
- Do I have to sign a contract? No. However, we do have membership options that range in term and our 12 month memberships include testing and promotion fees and this involves considerable savings. We want to be as flexible as possible regarding our memberships.
- Does my child have to do a trial program? What if they just want to get enrolled in a regular membership? We strongly encourage the trial program just to give things a try to make sure our program is a fit. However, some students are ready to go right away or they have trained before and want to resume at our school. In these cases, students may immediately join as a full member without doing a trial program.
- Is there a price break for a second child? There is a price break on the second member on our tuition options.
- We have 3 children that want to join karate; do we pay for all 3? LKC memberships allow for payment on the first two family members that join, the third, fourth or even fifth and sixth child are all included in the membership as long as they are old enough to be involved in our classes!
- What are the testing fees/promotion and/or belt fees? Testing fees and belt fees are included in the tuition in 12 month programs! Under monthly options, testing/promotion fees are $75.00 per test up to (not including) black belt levels.
- Are there any other fees I need to consider? All other purchases such as catalog, retail purchases, etc., are optional. For instance, a student might want to purchase a gear bag or t-shirt, etc., and those items are purchased at the school. We do require that all students have a uniform that corresponds with their training program. In the summer months, we allow students to wear our exclusive summer training uniforms.
- Do you offer scholarships? LKC has always provided opportunities for children and youth with financial issues. These situations are decided on an individual basis. We also send out scholarship information periodically to local schools. Schools and community agencies occasionally refer students to us that they understand might not be able to afford lessons.
- What if I refer another person to join? We have an excellent referral rewards program in place for current students that refer new members. Students receive referral rewards for students that join trial programs and even better rewards for students that become full members!
- I have other questions: Please call 402-483-KICK (5425) and ask for Scott Walls. Sensei Walls will personally address all membership matters and questions.
- Does your child/teen have behavioral issues?
- Does your child/teen have a history of trauma/abuse?
- Does your child/teen have emotional issues?
- Has your child/teen been a victim of bullying?
- Is your child/teen having difficulty at school?
- Do you need help figuring out an alternative method for helping your child/teen?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, Scott Walls, Director of the Lincoln Karate Clinic, can help!
Scott Walls is not only the Chief Instructor at the Lincoln Karate Clinic; he is a state licensed mental health counselor and specialist in child and adolescent mental health. Scott also spent 15 years working with Special Education students and staff members as a behavioral consultant and mental health therapist.
There are several avenues to get the help you need for your child or teen.
KICKS Program: There are 3 primary levels for the KICKS program which is a program designed by Walls that integrates counseling and karate for children and teens.
For more information about counseling services you can visit www.kickscounseling.com or just call Scott Walls directly at 402-483-KICK.